Isle Of Man Flags

The flag was adopted between 1928 and 1932.
The flag of the Isle of Man is a triskelion. It has three armoured legs with golden spurs, upon a red background. It is also official flag of Mann since 1 December 1932. It is based on the Manx coat of arms, which goes back to the 13th century.
The three legs are known in Manx as ny tree cassyn ("the three legs"). The triskelion is an ancient sign, used by the Lycians and Mycenaeans. The practice of a triskelion was popular with Scandinavian cultures, and the sign have been introduced to the Isle by the Norse descendants of King Analaf Cuaran. He ruled the island between the 10th century and 1266.
The initial depiction of the triskelion of Mann found on the Manx Sword of State that dates back to the early 14th century. Following English domination of the isle in 1346, the triskelion retained and endured as a sign of the Isle of Man. By the mid-19th century the Manx flag appeared on merchant ships from the Isle of Man. However, such display of the flag was not authorized by the Board of Trade and the Admiralty under Section 105 of the 1854 Merchant Shipping Act in favor of the Red Ensign. This decision was upturned by the Admiralty on 4 March 1889. However Manx merchant ships were allowed to fly the Flag of the Isle of Man.